Friday 16 January 2009

Following a Train of Thought

For the short animation I've been working on, all of the action will take place inside a train. The design of which is an elaborate blend of Rococo with a turn of the bizarre.

I've been painting up colour/light tests to see how the train would blend together. The first painting I have is of the first door the protagonist discovers.

It's a break from his linear progression down the train, a path leading off and it consumes his curiosity, forcing him to try and overcome the door's defences.

Fearlock_Enviro1

Second painting in progress is one of the main seating carriages. Notices the continuation of the plush red carpet which runs throughout the train.

Carriage_Enviro1

Both WIP's but I feel I've been holding them to my chest a bit too long. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

No comments :

Post a Comment