Saturday 4 June 2011

HACK – 24 HOUR ART CREATION

splash_image_3screenshot_boss2octowhatsit_faces

Our game idea consisted of a lifeguard rescuing troubled swimmers  by throwing in a life preserver (ring) to pull them to safety back to shore. I quickly requested to change the life preserver to octopi and insanity prevailed.

This was a completely different approach to art generation, unlike what I’ve done before. I kept the art fairly clean – with a cut out shape style meant I could iterate and re-use assets fairly quickly.

This was also intentional for when it came to the animation stages. This is apparent mainly in the boss creation as I had planned for the animation to be possibly through code, with repetition of art assets and moving/scaling of simple parts to create emotion/life.

No comments :

Post a Comment